At Huckleberry Labs, our artificial intelligence and machine learning team works with pediatric experts in sleep, behavioral, and child development to generate personalized, specific and effective recommendations bringing behavioral health, wellbeing, and a bit of magic to every family through life-changing products and experiences. The team includes Berkeley Ph.D.s in computer science and predictive analytics, a sleep researcher with 10 years at Harvard Medical School, and experienced pediatric sleep professionals trained in evidence-based practices. We are growing quickly, and will be expanding beyond sleep this year.
The Huckleberry app has 4.9/5.0 stars on the app store, with excellent engagement and strong word-of-mouth growth. Parents just wish they had heard about Huckleberry sooner. We are looking for a Director of AI and ML to continue creating more advanced predictive analytics and recommendations based on our unique and massive dataset.
This is a role that requires strong technical skills, an eye for detail, experience delivering high quality digital products to millions of users and an ability to drive projects forward. Join Huckleberry to be a key player in improving the day-to-day lives of families around the world.
Areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with product managers, domain experts, and parents to translate complex problems into simple user experiences that just works
- Work with business leaders and the team to define and execute on our roadmap
- Experiment and build new predictive and recommendation models that further personalize recommendations and improve efficacy
- Leverage our unique dataset of families from more than 100 countries and diverse demographics to create solutions accessible to everyone for every situation
- Translate high level product requirements into detailed specifications for frontend, backend, and database and cloud engineers
- At least 5 years of experience using Python for machine learning in a commercial setting
- At least 3 years of experience building AI-driven recommendation systems
- At least 2 years of management experience
- M.S. or Ph. D. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Physics or a related field
- Preferably having experience working on a consumer facing product making advanced algorithms accessible to everyone
- Experience using AWS or GCP to create data pipelines, build new models, and deploying to mission critical applications
- Proactive, willing to try new things, and gets things done in a startup environment
- A passion for children and family wellness, with the understanding that every family is different, and one size does not fit all